Time for another TOTALLY 1880s Saranac Lake history moment! The Linwood Cottage was built in 1881. It was built for Arvilla Blood, the only sister of Orlando Blood. Orlando owned Blood's Hotel, later known as the Riverside Inn. Linwood Cottage was later used as a boarding cottage, but was unfortunately torn down in 1953. It originally stood on the site of the current-day Main Street parking lot.
Is everyone having a great Winter Carnival? Tomorrow we've got another blast from the past--that is, 1882!
Learn more about Linwood Cottage on our wiki.
Stay up to date on all the news and happenings from Historic Saranac Lake at the Saranac Laboratory Museum!