The first full week of May is National Postcard Week, so what better way to celebrate than by sharing interesting postcards from our collection? We'll start off today with one of our home base here at Historic Saranac Lake, the Saranac Laboratory! It looks a little different in this c. 1910s postcard than it does today.
This portion of the building was built in 1894 for Dr. Edward L. Trudeau after a fire in his at-home laboratory burned down the whole building. It was designed by his cousin, J. Lawrence Aspinwall, who was also the architect of Baker Memorial Chapel at Trudeau Sanatorium, among others. Learn more about the history of the building by visiting our wiki, and stay tuned all week as we share more of our favorite postcards!
[Historic Saranac Lake Collection, TCR # 157]
Stay up to date on all the news and happenings from Historic Saranac Lake at the Saranac Laboratory Museum!