Image of the week: This month marks the 142nd anniversary of the first service held in the St. Luke's Episcopal Church building on the corner of Church and Main Streets. Dr. Edward Livingston Trudeau led the fundraising drive, and then oversaw the construction process for the building that still stands today. Construction began in 1878, and the first service at the Church of St. Luke, the Beloved Physician was held January 12, 1879.
Learn more on our wiki.
[Historic Saranac Lake Collection, courtesy of of Lucy Jones Berk.]
Stay up to date on all the news and happenings from Historic Saranac Lake at the Saranac Laboratory Museum!