Image of the week: A ski jumper on Blood Hill, c. 1918. Blood Hill was named for the Blood family, who settled in Saranac Lake in the 1860s. Ski jumping was popular on the hill beginning in the late 1800s. The Riverside Inn can be seen under the jumper's left arm; this hotel was opened in 1860 by Orlando Blood and was in operation until the 1930s. Today, it is the site of Riverside Park.
Learn more on our wiki!
[Historic Saranac Lake Collection, TCR 662. Courtesy of Natalie Leduc.]
Stay up to date on all the news and happenings from Historic Saranac Lake at the Saranac Laboratory Museum!