This photograph shows three unidentified staff members in front of Kollecker's Kodak & Art Shop. The shop was owned by William F. Kollecker, who came to Saranac Lake with tuberculosis in 1896. Kollecker recovered his health and eventually became one of the most successful and prolific photographers in the village's history. He developed film, printed photographs, and sold prints, camera equipment, gifts, and more in his shop on Main Street from the early 1900s until his death in 1962. His shop windows were known for their elaborate displays, especially around Christmastime. Much of his work can be found in the collection in the Adirondack Room at the Saranac Lake Free Library.
[Photograph of Kollecker's Kodak & Art Shop, undated. Historic Saranac Lake Collection, TCR 331. Courtesy of Ken and Nancy Demars.]
Stay up to date on all the news and happenings from Historic Saranac Lake at the Saranac Laboratory Museum!