This postcard shows Saranac Lake from Blood Hill sometime around 1918. Blood Hill was named for Orlando Blood, who owned the Riverside Inn from 1860-1883. The Riverside Inn and the old Harrietstown Town Hall are visible in the foreground, and the top of the first Saranac Lake High School can be seen where the Hotel Saranac is today! What else has changed about this view? What is still the same?
[Historic Saranac Lake Collection]
Stay up to date on all the news and happenings from Historic Saranac Lake at the Saranac Laboratory Museum!