FUNDS AND PLEDGES RAISED TO DATE: $3,940,200
We are well on our way toward our $5,200,000 goal to support acquisition, building rehabilitation, and museum exhibits. We are in the second phase of the capital campaign, speaking with lead donors about naming opportunities.
fulfilled naming opportunities
- Trudeau Building Dedication ($250,000) — Dedicated in the memory of Mary Rousmaniere Gordon
- The Trudeau Parlor ($104,500 of $150,000 raised) — Dedicated by Dorothy and Chester Fobare and members of the community, including Kay and Marvin Best in memory of their parents, Vincent O. and Theresa H. Best and John J. and Dorothy "June" Mullin; Jim and Marcie Sonneborn, Adirondack Foundation -- Pleasant Point Fund, Betsy and Tom Minehan, Anonymous.
- The Outdoor Life ($100,000) — Dedicated by Alex and Renate Dreyfoos
- History of Occupational Therapy ($75,000) — Dedicated by Drs. Dorothy and Jay Federman
- The Pecora Research Room and Collections Storage ($75,000) — Dedicated in memory of Dr. David V. Pecora by his wife Dorothy
- Special Exhibits Room ($50,000)
- Walkway Connector and Landscaping ($50,000) — Dedicated by Joan and Bill Grabe
- The John Black Room ($50,000) — Dedicated by the Robert and Esther Black Family Foundation and Fund
- The Greening of the Trudeau Building ($50,000) — Dedicated by the Cloudsplitter Foundation
- A generous gift from Lee and Nancy Keet ($50,000)
- The Bartók Room ($50,000)
- The Trudeau Cure Porch ($28,000 of 50,000 raised) — To be dedicated in honor of professionals in medicine and science by Ann Merkel, Kimberly & Brian Weinrick, Ph.D. and the OppenheimerFunds Matching Gift Program of Fidelity Charitable, Julia Frank and Mark Graber, Atsuo Kuki, Ph.D, Libby and Richard Cohen, M.D., Ursula Trudeau, Dr. Arlene Bowes, Margaret Worden & Dr. Steve Sonnenburg, Dr. Neil Holtzman, Caroline Welsh, The Radiologic Technology Program at North Country Community College, Barbara Mohajery in memory of Homer Sampson.
- West Laboratory Space ($25,000) -- Dedicated in loving memory of Dr. Leonard J. and Virginia G. Bristol
- Gift honoring Mott and Elise Chapin and the Saranac Lake Study and Craft Guild ($25,000) — from David Chapin and Sarah Wardner
- Stewarts Foundation ($25,000) -- to support Museum Exhibits for Children
- Generous gifts from the Landes family in memory of Dan Landes
- Trudeau Building Second Floor Office ($10,000) — Supported by a gift from the Hyde and Watson Foundation
- Trudeau Building Second Floor Office ($10,000) — Supported by a gift from the J. M. McDonald Foundation
- Trudeau Building First Floor Porch ($10,000) — Dedicated in memory of Elsie and Phil Wolff by the Wolff Family and the Carroll Family
- A gift honoring the family of Jerome D. and John A. Frank from Julia B Frank ($10,000)
- A gift from Jim and Marcie Sonneborn ($10,000)
- The Champlain Valley National Heritage Partnership ($7,500) to support the retrofitting of the collections storage and research wing of the Trudeau Building with climate control technology.
- The donation from Garry B. Trudeau of his commission for Adirondack Life’s January/February 2022 issue cover ($1,500)
- The Golub Foundation ($1,000)
- Champlain National Bank ($1,000)
- A generous gift from Ned and Patricia Trudeau in memory of Ursula Trudeau.
Historic Preservation Tax Credits
We are pleased to announce that we have secured an investor to be able to make use of historic preservation tax credits for the project. Our thanks to the generous friend of Historic Saranac Lake who is making this possible!
The project has been awarded over $1 million in grants from state and local government
- The Environmental Protection Fund Grant Program of NY State's Office of Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation ($500,000)
- NY Main Street Downtown Anchor Grant through the NY State Homes and Community Renewal Office ($500,000)
- NY State Regional Economic Development Council Downtown Revitalization Initiative ($325,000)
- NY State Department of Environmental Conservation Adirondack Park Community Smart Growth Grant ($37,150)
- NY State Regional Economic Development Council and the NY State Council on the Arts Workforce Investment Program ($39,800)
- NY State Council on the Arts Design Grant to support design of a handicap lift at the Laboratory Museum ($16,655)
- The Northeast Heritage Economy Program Grants, Supported by the Northern Border Regional Commission and administered by the Preservation League of NY State ($75,000)
- Franklin County Energize NY Fund ($10,000) to support the installation of ventilation systems in the John Black Room
- A Legislative Project Grant from the NY State Department of Education through the office of Assemblyman Billy Jones to support improvements to the Saranac Laboratory Museum. ($25,000)
Our thanks to the following donors who supported the acquisition of the Trudeau Building and the launching of the Capital Campaign.
- "Friends of Trudeau": Fred and Kay Roedel, Kay and Marvin Best, Garry Trudeau and Jane Pauley, Alex and Renate Dreyfoos, Priscilla Goss, Mary Hotaling, Sunita and Steve Halasz, Lynn and Terry Birdsong, Judy Landes, Nancy and Ed Murphy, Jane and Charles Carroll, Rich and Diane Loeber, Katherine Judd, Cole and Sandy Campbell, Karen and Don Morris, Tom and Nancy Downs, Andy and Deb Rawdon, Craig and Connie Weatherup , Brandon Campbell, Linda Jackson, Peter Lawson-Johnston, Chris Cohan and Rita Wong, Harry Stuart and Claudine Chavanne, The Rawdon Family, Tim and Debbie Reilly, Fran Yardley and Burdette Parks, Adirondack Foundation, Curt and Susan Stiles
- Foundations: Drumcliff Foundation, Cloudsplitter Foundation, Robert and Esther Black Family Foundation Fund, John R. and Kiendl Dauphinot Gordon Fund, Mobile Foundation Matching Gifts Program, JM McDonald Foundation, Roedel Family Charitable Fund of the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation, Sonneborn Adirondack Fund of the Adirondack Foundation
- Businesses and Organizations: Nancy Battaglia Photography, Impact Medical Consulting Management Services, Adirondack Massage Therapy, Saranac Lake Women's Civic Chamber
- Community Support: Amy Jones, Elaine Sunde, Ruth Chasolen, Dot Fobare, Beth and Chuck VanAnden, Jackie Beattie, Barry and Nancy Ressler, John Wheeler, Ed Finnerty, Shirley and Don Morgan, Susan Edelberg Donnelly, Priscilla Goss, Maria DeAngelo, Darrell Davies, Barrie and Deedee Wigmore, Kathleen Hull in memory of Harry Hull, Emily Fogarty, Pat and Tom Willis, Pam and William McGarry, Kathy O’Kane, Keith White, Lee and Judy Brunner, Ed McCarthy, Philip Fitzpatrick, Eric and Kristina Isachsen, DR Hanning, Carol Jackman, Cal and Chris Schmeichel, Dennis and Susan Dwyer, Ann Teneyck, Kimmey Decker, Anita Moore, Mary Beth and Jon Fine, Anne Culver, Steve Dehond, James Silliman, Tom and Jan Dudones, Kathy and Jim Clark, William Winn, M.D., Fredrick and Dorothy Dennis, Alicia Panetta, Phyllis Apuzzo, Deanne Stephens, Audrey and Charles Gugliotta, Kathryn Leigh, Susan Najork, Lionel and Esther Arlan, William Johnson, M.D., Arthur and Ruth Levy, Richard Longstreth, John Brennan, Dick and Bobbie Leamer, James Townsend, Linda Warner, Holly Wolff, Kathy and Roger Steinbrueck, Sharon Warren, Airlie Lennon, Emil and Edith Schneider, John Linck, Paul and Teresa Reichhart, Dorothy Metz, Robert and Coralie North, Captain Thomas Boothe and Betty Boothe, Elizabeth Johnson, Mark Putnam, Catherine L. Mack, John and Dahna Loeding, Gloria S. Duffy in memory of her mother Ortanza "Tennys" Redinger Cohan, Richard Pine and Cheryl Agris, Juanita Kohnaski, Robin Smith, Mary Thill and Mark Wilson, Lorraine Kelley, Melinda Little, Dan Ellison and Carolyn Olsen, Jane Holder, Lucy Jones Berk, Carol T. Potterton, Deb Duso, Diane Depreter, Nancy and Allan Forbes, Timothy and Nancy Backhurst, Andrea and Michael Ryan, Edwin and Bernice Douglas, Edward and Carol Pfeiffer, Liz and Ralph Bennett, Ona Allen, Sarah Stevens and Philip R. Kokotailo, Holly and Dave Wolff, Gloria Drucker, Sally and Charlie Svenson, Virginia Bristol in memory of Leonard J. Bristol, M.D., Richard Jarvis, Fran Yardley and Burdette Parks, Katherine and Bill Miller, Tom Smith and Susan Sweeney Smith, Judy Meagher, Mike and Wendy Lincoln, Ned and Patricia Trudeau, Jim and Chris Crane, Gina Ayvazian and Marcel Walters, Kathy and Lonnie Ford, John Cooley and Heather Cook, Dave and Rivka Cilley, Carolyn Artin, Deborah Fox, Alan and Diane Whitcomb.