Historic Saranac Lake offers tours, lectures, and other events year-round. New events are being added regularly, so check back often. Click on an individual event to get more details or scroll down to browse all event descriptions.
- Wednesday, September 11, 10:30AM: Historic Downtown Walking Tour -- Take a walk and learn about the history of Saranac Lake’s downtown! Meet at the Riverside Park Bandshell (along Lake Flower on the corner of River Street and Main Street, diagonally across from the Town Hall) at 10:30 AM. The tour ends at the Saranac Laboratory Museum on Church Street. Tour takes place rain or shine. $5/person, children and members of Historic Saranac Lake free.
- Thursday, September 19: Third Thursday Art Walk -- The Saranac Laboratory Museum will be open free of charge from 5:00 to 7:30 for the Third Thursday Art Walks, June through September. Starting in July, our new exhibit, "The Art of the Cure" will be on display in the John Black Room.
- Wednesday, September 18, 10:30AM: Cure Cottage Museum Tour -- Visit a patient room and cure porch in an historic private home and learn about the experiences of tuberculosis patients in Saranac Lake. Meet on the porch of 103 Helen Street in Saranac Lake at 10:30AM. $5/person, children and members of Historic Saranac Lake free.
- Wednesday, September 25: Breakfast Club at the Hotel Saranac - Liz Bennett presents about Guggenheim Camp. RSVPs are required by the previous Friday to attend. Breakfast Club is $20 for members of HSL and $25 for non-members. The presentation will begin at 8:00AM sharp, so please arrive by 7:45AM to check in and get breakfast. This event takes place in the Ember Room at the Hotel Saranac. Check the Breakfast Club page for more information.
- Wednesday, September 25, 10:30AM: Little Red and the Trudeau Statue Tour -- Meet at the Trudeau Institute, 154 Algonquin Avenue, for a tour of one of Saranac Lake's first cure cottages and a visit to the statue of Dr. Trudeau. Meet at the sign by "Little Red," the small red cottage on the hill. Rain or shine. $5/person, children and members of Historic Saranac Lake free.